Vacancy Group Packaging Engineer
Who are we?
Cloetta, founded in 1862, is a leading confectionery company in the Nordic region and The Netherlands. Cloetta is manufacturing and marketing confectionery, chocolate products, nuts, pastilles, chewing gum and pick & mix concepts. In total, Cloetta products are sold in more than 50 markets worldwide.
Cloetta’s popular and much-loved products would not be on the market were it not for the talented people who work for and with Cloetta. Cloetta has around 2,600 employees in 14 countries working with sales, marketing, production and product development as well as in various support functions. Cloetta’s head office is in Stockholm, Sweden.
Cloetta’s organization consists of a multi-cultural and internationally experienced group of people who operate in an open and free working environment and who adapt to change at both central and local levels.
Cloetta’s Operations division is responsible for production, purchasing, planning, logistics, quality, technology and safety. In Cloetta’s Operations division are 8 factories in Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium, Slovakia and Ireland. All in all, Cloetta produces about 120.000 tonnes of confectionery and is constantly striving for continuous improvements trough Lean and Value Engineering.
As Group Packaging Engineer you will lead packaging technology and assets optimization studies, capturing knowledge, translate technology into the best technical designs and thus set the standards for all our Cloetta factories.
You will provide support to the plants and connect the technology bridge between Innovation, Value Engineering, Operations and the CAPEX departments.
You will also lead packaging lines feasibility and design studies to confirm existing and future technological and technical capabilities, providing packaging support to CAPEX projects from new packaging line design to commissioning and documentation.
In this position as Group Packaging Engineer you will be part of the Engineering and Technology department.
As Group Packaging Engineer your main responsibilities are:
- Lead and execute packaging line optimization studies, identifying and capturing best practices to convert into standards, create packaging line specifications and the best technical designs for our factories.
- Supporting factory teams with continuous improvement.
- Transferring packaging technology knowledge to the local teams.
- Identifying new technologies and equipment, validating them and by that contributing to stable packaging lines ready for the future, aiming for standardization across all Cloetta sites.
- Supporting CAPEX projects, leading the packaging line design and commissioning phases.
- Cooperating with other teams as engineering, Quality & Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environment, Operational Excellence, Value Engineering and Innovation to design and implement the best packaging lines and standards in our factories.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in e.g. Mechanical Engineering or Food Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in packaging machine/line design / food industry
- Solid Project management skills
- GMP knowledge
- Hygienic design knowledge
- Understanding of packaging machine/line control systems
- Fluent in business English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and Engineering design tools.
- Amount of international travel 40 %
- Intellectual power
- Strong drive for results, willing and able to take responsibility, work independent
- Good communication skills with ability to manage feedback both upwards and downwards, written and spoken
- Proactive, taking initiatives, ownership
- Passion for continuous improving, and proactive nature
- Analytical, Creative & Flexible
- Real team player
- Inspires others for technology
- Planning & organizing skills
- Stakeholder management