What is it like to work for us?
At Cloetta you will find many colleagues, just as enthusiastic and positive as you. We are driven to be the best and are continuously growing. We want to make a real difference for the company and create new and smart ways to win.
Cloetta will coach you in this desire to grow and develop because we have trust in your capacities. We will give you the freedom needed to perform your responsibilities, so you can have a true impact on the business by implementing your own ideas.
And, above of all... we love what we do and have fun while doing so. We have a smile in our DNA and are very proud of our welcoming, open and inclusive atmosphere.
Who are we?
Founded in 1862, we are well-known for our candy, chocolate, nuts, fudge, nougat, pastilles, chewing gum and pick and mix concepts. A leading confectionery company in Western Europe. But also selling products in more than 50 markets worldwide. Making all possible with about 2800 employees working for us worldwide.
We own some of the strongest brands on the market, e.g Läkerol, the Jelly Bean Factory, Red Band, Venco, Sportlife, Jenkki, Kexchoklad, Ahlgrens Bilar, Malaco and Nutisal, most of them with a long heritage tradition.
What will you be contributing to?
You will be part of an innovation team of seven enthusiastic and driven colleagues working at two different international locations. Some of them with a lot of experience in the field, others still learning but all share a great passion for food and confectionery in particular.
This role will be based in Sneek. The factory specifically produces all chewing gum products for Cloetta as well as other refreshment and candy products.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
As Product & Process Technologist you have the competences to contribute to the company’s success and growth by developing innovative products. Your workday will mainly be made up with the following responsibilities:
- Initiating, coordinating and realising international and local New Product Development projects from start until implementation in production
- Participating in mid/long term strategic technology projects
- Continuously gathering and selecting relevant technical and technological information and knowledge for new and innovative product & processing ideas. Translating this into new project proposals
- Cooperating with suppliers, research institutes and universities
- Being a business partner for local and international departments (like Marketing, Operations, Engineering and Quality)
- Reporting into the Innovation Category Centre Manager of Refreshment
We are looking for you if you feel you suit the profile below:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Food Technology, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 – 7 years of operational R&D experience, preferably in confectionery industry
- Knowledge of and affinity with ingredients, recipes and production processes in the food branch
- Proven experience with project management and capable of working in multidisciplinary projects and teams
- Is always looking for new more advanced technological information to increase the knowledge of ingredients, products and processes
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English
- Able to speak and understand Dutch or willing to learn
- Willing to travel (nationally & internationally) on a regular basis depending on projects, but probably on a monthly basis
- Personal skills: enthusiastic and passionate, team player, creative, pro-active and independent, analytical, convincing, commercial awareness and a flexible self starter & network builder