A Sweeter Future is built on three pillars that support our overall mission – delivering true joy for You, for People and for the Planet. These three pillars represent important areas in our value chain where we have the ability and the responsibility to create a positive impact.
It’s not a coincidence that the first area of our sustainability agenda is focused on bringing the power of true joy to you, our consumers. This pillar focuses on the ingredients of our products and creating options that belong in a sustainable lifestyle now and in the future. Naturally, projects in this pillar are also intertwined with initiatives that improve the climate footprint and improve social and environmental conditions across our supply chain.
Consumers are at the heart of our business. We provide consumers with high quality and safe products, sustainable ingredients and healthy options.
We offer a wide variety of products, so that consumers can find options that correspond to their preferences, such as low sugar, sugar-free and vegan alternatives.
- By 2023 our candy and pastilles will be 100% flavored and colored by non-artificial sources.
- By 2025 our product offering will significantly increase options that belong in a sustainable lifestyle —more natural ingredients, vegan options, sugar-less and sugar free options and functional ingredients.
We care about the people who grow our products, prepare our products, design and sell our products and the people who consume our products. Without the hands, hearts, mouths and brains behind all of that work (including tasting!) our business would cease to exist. We want to make sure that we leave behind a positive impact in the lives of the people who meet Cloetta and our products.
Taking care of the people involved in making our products – from farmers to factory staff, as well as the communities where we operate – is critical to our success.
We take care of our employees, we strengthen our partnerships with suppliers, engage with organisations to support farmers, and we take responsibility for our role in our communities and greater society.
- Zero accidents.
- 100% Rainforest Alliance certified cocoa.
- 100% RSPO certified segregated palm oil.
- Living income paid to farmers in our supply chain.
For the Planet
Last, but not least, we take a closer look at how we take care of the foundation for our raw materials.
Improving our total planet footprint throughout the value chain is vital for future generations and essential for our company’s future.
We have defined three key areas in order to achieve this overarching goal:
- Climate action by committing to the Science Based Targets initiative
- Sustainable sourcing by promoting sustainable practices in our supply chain
- Better resource use by developing sustainable packaging and reducing waste.
- Develop science-based climate targets for 2025/2030.
- Engage key suppliers in sustainability sourcing program.
- 100% of our packaging is recyclable by 2025.
- 100% of packaging from renewable or recycled sources by 2030.